Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Still Waiting

How long does it take to break a habit? 2 Weeks? Well it's been two weeks since graduation, and finally, FINALLY the sun is shining! The weather is absolutely beautiful! In fact, I am sweating. I had forgotten such warm temperatures existed. But they do.

It is so easy to forget that summer exists when the air is so cold that it hurts to walk outside; they are like two completely different worlds. But take heart in this, that summer does exist, that it will return, and that you will once again be sweating and wishing for snow. Or at least for a little bit cooler temperatures.
And now that the world is warm and I can occupy myself by walking around outside in the bright morning sunshine, I am no longer depressed about having nothing to do. In fact I relish it. I laugh at all the poor souls who must go to work and school while I wander around barefoot in the grass, trying to avoid bees. Ha! Hahahaha!

Please try not to hate me. I will soon be working at a regular job and have a reason to wake up and get dressed every morning. Or I will run out of money. One of the two.

And I am not spending all my time wandering around aimlessly in the sun. I mean, first of all, this is NY. The sun doesn't stay out that long. But the reason I have grown content in my waiting is that I started doing things. I've said this before, but it's always helpful to have a reminder, as clearly I need. When you are depressed or you don't know what to do, just do something. Nothing can happen until you start. Then you can change what you're doing, or you can figure out something else to do, but you've got to do something.

 I always have a lot of things I say I want to do, but never take action toward accomplishing them. Well, why not? So I'm writing a book. I really am. I've written out plans and character sketches and started a rough draft. And I'm learning guitar. I can actually play some songs now, and I played for so long yesterday I was forced to quit because the strings were cutting into my fingers. And I'm going to speak Spanish, if it's the last thing I do. I can, at the very least, read "Green Eggs and Ham" in Spanish, since I picked up a copy at the library yesterday.

So take heart that summer will return. And do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment