Thursday, May 29, 2014

Recipe of the Week

I think I spend a lot of time cooking. Well, baking really, but occasionally I'll make something using "real" food too. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, as can be gleaned from the fact that my last three blog posts are all recipes of the week, and I've got two more ready to go! I've made some delicious desserts this week, but I decided to post a recipe you can actually eat for lunch first.

So here it is:
 Pizza Quesadillas!



This is how I use up the leftover pizza sauce and toppings from the homemade pizza mama makes every week. Take a tortilla wrap and sprinkle it with mozzarella cheese. And then my two favorite toppings ever, pepperoni and black olives (I understand that for some reason, many people do not share my appreciation of black olives. If you are one such person, be sure to add your own favorite pizza toppings, or whatever you can find in the fridge!).

Then I sprinkled the leftover pizza sauce on top, although in hindsight, that would have been better left for dipping sauce. Also in hindsight, I should have thrown in some seasonings to make it more flavorful!
 Then all you have to do is butter the outside, fold it in half, and place it on the frying pan. I had it on medium heat, and just left it there for a few minutes, until the cheese begins to get melty and the bottom side is browning a little. Then flip it over and let the cheese melt a little more. It's basically like cooking a grilled cheese sandwich.

And then, when your done, put it on your plate, cut it in half, find something healthy to eat as a side, and voila! Lunch is served!
See, look! Strawberries! Healthy!

And as I always say, pizza is the best meal you could possibly eat. You've got all the food groups: grain, vegetable (sauce & OLIVES) and meat (pepperoni is real meat). And hey, strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment