Friday, June 27, 2014

The Wait is Over

The wait is over. Sort of.

Now I know you are all dying to know whether or not I got a job in Disney World, if I will be moving soon, or what I have decided to do with the rest of my life.

Silly you, no one knows what they are going to do with the rest of their lives.

But here's what I'm doing for the next month:


I'm going to work at camp! Yay! I'm leaving tomorrow for a wedding, and then it's straight off to camp. I shall spend the next four weeks living off the wilderness, facing wild animals and scaling great heights.

No just kidding. I'm going to Delta, where the most terrifying thing is the zip line that shoots a whole 25 ft across the boat dock path (I don't even know if that's a lot; I just made up that number. Whatever it is, it's not too big). Yeah, I'm pretty adventurous. Let's just hope I don't skin my hand again.

But besides that, I am now officially employed as a freelance writer (is that an oxymoron?)! I am writing articles for Writer's Domain, and if you are interested, they are usually looking for more writers. I mean, you write about some pretty exciting stuff. Yesterday I learned about cleaning the hood exhaust system in commercial kitchens for the article I wrote. My plan is that with all the new information I am gleaning from this, I will then go on Jeopardy and win a million dollars. Actually my plan is just to write and have fun with it. That seems like a manageable plan.

But as far as Disney World...they did offer me a part time job. And since I was planning on going to camp (and it was only part time and I did not yet have my excellent dependable income from freelancin'), I did ask to remain on the waiting list. So I am back where I started; on the waiting list for a job at Disney World.

Yep, that's my life.

So what about you? What are you waiting on?

No comments:

Post a Comment