Thursday, June 12, 2014

Recipe of the Week


Say this five times fast: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies!

Here's the thing. I can't stand bananas. I've tried. I think they're really fun to eat, but they just make me gag.

Aaand...I'm allergic to peanut butter.

But seriously, peanut butter and banana is a classic combination! And peanut butter and chocolate is delicious, bananas and chocolate have always been a thing, and pudding cookies are deliciously moist cute little round cookies, so what could go wrong?



I suppose that would be a good segway into what went wrong, which would probably be a more interesting story, and knowing me quite plausible, but I mean, look at that picture! Couldn't you just eat them right up?

Here, let's try another angle.
Well, obviously I can't vouch for how well they taste, but I made them for the youth group, and they LOVED them. Like seriously, they were excited. And took home all the extras. Not like they had a choice, since I couldn't keep them, but still. It's a good combination.

Here's what you do:

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 package of banana pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup peanut butter
As many chocolate chips as you would like

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a baking sheet or line with parchment and set aside.

2. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the peanut butter and the chocolate chips.

3. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.

(recipe adapted from: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/vanilla-pudding-chocolate-chip-cookies/ )


No comments:

Post a Comment