Friday, June 20, 2014

Recipe of the Week

It's time for more pancakes!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes

You could eat them for breakfast, or have them for dessert. Or maybe second breakfast. Or just an afternoon snack.

Basically, it's a big, fluffy chocolate chip cookie.




I  had an inspired idea that cookie dough pancakes would be delicious, and immediately searched Pintrist for some good ideas. But I found none that I liked. So I made it up. I took my good old Betty Crocker pancake recipe, and added some extra ingredients from a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Pancakes

1 egg
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
2 T vegetable oil
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

Cookie Dough

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla  

chocolate chips

In a large bowl, mix all the pancake ingredients together into a smooth batter. In a smaller bowl, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla together, then add it into the pancake batter. Mix the batter well and add as many chocolate chips as you would like.
Place a skillet over medium heat and pour batter by a 1/4 cup onto the hot skillet. When batter is bubbly on top, flip it over with a spatula.

They're super sweet, with a flavor reminiscent of your good old fashioned chocolate chip cookie.

I'm still working on actually having cookie dough in my pancakes, so if you come up with a delicious recipe (or any kind of pancake recipe) I'd be more than happy to try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment