Monday, December 29, 2014

A Taste of My Vacation


Because I'm a photographer and I go on vacation. And what fun is vacation without taking photos? And what fun are photos if you don't share them?

For those of you who have never been to Disney World (I pity you), here is what it looks like (from a photographer's point of view).

For those of you who have been to Disney, do you recognize anything? And can you find the 3 hidden Mickeys?

First of all, food. Because, well, look??!? Aren't they cute???





And this is also food...
But I wouldn't suggest eating it. The bakery in the Grand Floridian Hotel began working on this masterpiece in July. Christmas in July I guess...

Now I didn't actually eat any of those (oh except the chocolate cake, I did eat that!). But what I feasted on was a humble Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream sandwich. Just for a snack. And then a giant Mickey Mouse sugar cookie with frosting dipped ears. Just before dinner. Oh and there was the Mickey Mouse shaped, chocolate ear dipped, rice krispie treat and the Mickey Mouse gingerbread cookie we bought from the little gingerbread house. Also with chocolate dipped ears. But enough of that...ahem. Moving on.

All of that sugar may be worked off by a walk along the cute little beach behind our hotel, or a swim in the pool.
From which, if you time it right, you can also enjoy a free firework show:
How's that for a fun way to end the day? Now if free firework shows and walks on the beach sound appealing, chances are you're not that into spending $100 on a ticket to Disney. So my friend, let me clue you into a little family secret. You ready for this???

You don't have to spend all your money to have fun at Disney World!

That's right! You don't! You can happily ride the monorail or the boats around and around until you get seasick or the slightly confused station workers wonder if you actually have any idea what you are doing. I mean it was barely 7am, who would want to be going into the park at 7am anyways? Well, I'm pretty sure I've done that before, but no! I was taking sunrise pictures.

So if you're bored, or you're just exhausted by the marathon that is trying to hit all the classic spots in Disney World, take a breather and board the monorail to explore the wide world of Disney Resorts.
View from the monorail station, right smack dab in the middle of our hotel!!!
Why wait to get to the scenery to take pictures?


Decorations in the lobby of the Polynesian Resort.

Disney's Boardwalk


The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa



I have so many more photos to share! I don't know what to do with them all! Perhaps I shall post some more photos later, but I think I have overloaded you with enough Disney jealousy. Until next time...

Oh, and also, did you find the hidden Mickeys? Because I didn't...maybe I just made that part up...

No comments:

Post a Comment