Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Recipe of the Week: Cinnamon Honey Bread


I found this recipe under a file labeled: My Recipe Ideas.

It is a list that follows as such:

-Meatballs in blueberry sauce
-Spaghetti stuffed meatballs
-Chocolate chip cookie apple pie
-Snickerdoodle pie
-Peach muffins
-Biscoff and honey pancakes

and then the a very sketchy looking recipe for Cinnamon Honey Bread. I have no idea where this recipe came from. Let me tell you, I was scared.


Also, now that I have revealed my brilliant ideas to the world, don't go stealing all my future award winning recipes up there. I am particularly interested in the blueberry meatball thing.

But what else is a sort of self-employed, freelancing college grad to do on a quiet summer evening but bake something new and exciting? So here we go with the recipe for cinnamon honey bread, chocolate chips optional (who wrote optional under chocolate chips? Are chocolate chips ever optional?).


See how it's indented in the center? I think it's so cute! But mother thinks it's because the bread "fell" in the oven. Apparently that's not supposed to happen. Clearly I am authoritative enough to be handing out recipes on the internet. At least I am brave enough (I mean blueberry meatballs, who thinks of these things?).

It still tastes delicious, I assure you. I may not be an expert cook, but I am an expert taste-tester.

Here is the simple recipe I wrote down from somewhere. Or a couple of somewheres. I imagine I took some pieces from a bread recipe and threw in some of my own ingredients. Either way, that's what turned out.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar

         -Cream together butter and sugars.

1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla

          -Mix in vanilla and honey with the tasty buttery mixture.

2 eggs

         -Beat eggs and add to the tasty vanilla buttery mixture.

1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

         -Mix dry ingredients and stir into the eggy vanilla buttery mixture.

         -And then add the (optional) chocolate chips.

-Bake in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment