Monday, August 18, 2014

Mawwiage Is What Bwings Us Together Today


Did I mention I got married at camp?

During elementary week, we had a pool full of bubbles and some poles with ropes on them that would make HUGE bubbles! They were so much fun; the staff spent their entire free time one night playing with bubbles. And my campers loved playing with them during the day. I casually mentioned that I wanted to have these bubbles at my wedding, so my campers, God bless their little hearts, decided to plan my wedding.




It was beautiful; we got married in the gazebo (after they kidnapped us and dragged us over there). One of my girls performed the ceremony, "Princess Bride" style of course. And in the end, they pronounced us "friends" and had us shake hands. Quite the tearjerker.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures to commemorate the event. But one of my best friends from high school did get married on Friday (for real! At least I'm pretty sure, since my dad officiated it, and he's a bit more official than my 9-year-old camper). And I DO have pictures of that wedding!

 
Wuv. Twue Wuv.


Look how excited he is!!!



Oh shoot! What ARE they doing???


It was a simple and beautiful ceremony at the overview park above Frewsburg. Afterwords we explored the (somewhat muddy) woods and took some pictures in there. Good thing Danni had on her trusty Converse.

I used my 50mm lens to shoot the wedding. I was a bit wary of shooting with a fixed focal length lens, because I could not zoom in and out. But that is the lens my friend used at the last wedding I attended, so I decided to suck it up and make myself move instead of the lens. Definitely worth it. This lens opens up to f/1.8, which is a large opening, so it lets in more light and has a softer depth of field.

I was so honored to be able to photograph their wedding! I hope if I ever get married one day, to be as happy as this bride on her wedding day!

Thanks Danni and Isaac for sharing your special day with me! And for trusting me with your photographs.



2 comments:

  1. I love them Julia!! I'm so glad we had you take pictures for us and I LOVE Isaac's face in the last one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Me too! And I love you laughing at him. I just had to include that one. :)

      Delete