Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Masks & Lights

Since my senior show is coming up at the end of the year, I am always on the lookout for project ideas. It can't just be any project; this is my senior show. It has to be something worth while. I want to create something that will touch people and communicate what I am learning. I want to be able to move people with my photographs, to show them something that will take their breath away and make them stop and think. I suppose that is a lot to expect, but if you don't expect a lot, you certainly won't get much.

I still have several months before I have to start really working on this, but as I read my Bible this morning, I was inspired by the talk of light. John 3:21 says "Whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he done has been done through God." Ephesians 5:13-14 says "Everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible." Paul charges us to "live as children of light."

My mind is going all over the place with images I can create for the theme of light. Photography literally is the graphing of light. I am not going to take the time to explain all of my crazy ideas (which will probably all get thrown out and turned into something new), but I had a thought about light and water, because I love the way light plays off of water. So I took some images I have from my masquerade kick and overlaid a texture of light and water. I think they look pretty cool and maybe a little bit creepy, so I thought I'd share them. Because everyone likes to see things that are cool and creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment